Tuesday, March 24, 2009

soaking it in



Ive been in Ireland for a while now and Im beginning to feel "in it" now.  It has sort of lost its initial newness, but thats not a bad thing.  It feels like I live here now.  Im accustomed to a lot more.  I get to walk along a river every day to class which is really cool.  Galway is a city I can really get my arms around.  Cobblestone city streets a few blocks west and open walking space along the ocean to the east.  I'm in a pretty sweet location here.

Listening: Do Make Say Think.

An instrumental group from Canada.  Kinda of an offshoot of the Broken Social Scene collective.  Very cool music that bounces from Jazzy horns, to distorted guitar, to beautiful strings.  Heres a little taste.

AA Bondy- American Hearts


I don't really know how I got a hold of this CD but its great.  Here is a taste.

Reading:  I'm taking several English classes here and have been having to read a lot for class.  But, I'm enjoying it.  One class is 20th century fiction the other is Northern Irish fiction.  The later class is pretty interesting because we discuss fiction on what happened during the 70's in Northern Ireland, and we have this older guy who was actually in Belfast during that time taking the class with us.  Pretty Crazy situation.
Aside from school work I am finally reading Return of The King.  Its the kind of book that really takes you out of the physical world into something new.  Its great.


By they way if you're feeling sad ever this might make you feel better.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely should have it was way worth it. So cool. And always great to get the view from above.

    ReplyDelete