Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last weekend I went to Cork for a one day Ultimate tournament.  I went down early with my friend Colin from Wisconsin and stayed with Colin's friend near University of Cork, a bit outside the city.  We arrived to a dinner of crepes with lamb and onion, crepes with vegetables and cheese, and a crepes with Nutella and strawberry dessert.  That night we sipped some wine along the river and discussed adventure.  We also got egged.  Apparently the youths of Cork like to egg people as they walk home from the bars, and the place we stayed was right in the middle of the war zone.  We didn't get hit bad, but it hurt my pride more than anything.  
The next morning I joined the ultimate team for the tournament.  Im not sure how I feel about the team.  I had fun playing, but its just not the same as playing with your really good friends (I'm looking at you Marquette).  I might play another tournament with them but I don't know if Ill get real attached to them.  One bright side was that the team is very light on handlers so I was able to play handle all day and throw some really stupid scoobers and hucks.  I also got a layout-D.  If you have no idea what I just said, its frisbee talk and I apologize.  
that night we went to a local brewery and tried some local Cork beer.  I tried one called Phuca as well as their Shannon Stout.  It was a quite night and so was the next day.  I didn't get to see much of the city but that was Ok.  I needed a weekend to relax a bit.




Phuca

1 comment:

  1. That beer looks delicious. Also, ultimate call on the ultimate jargon. And remember, chili bro. Chili, chili.

    ReplyDelete