Sunday, January 18, 2009

Letterfrack, NUI & Arren



This last weekend we took a bus ride to Connemara National Park in lovely Letterfrack.  I say this with a bit of sarcasm since the weather took a turn for the worse during our visit.  We intended to hike for most of the day but ended up getting halfway up and having the weather force us to loiter in a pub the rest of the day until the bus came back.  You can get a taste of the what the weather was like from a video my roommate Mike took.  It's on his blog Here.  Unfortunately my camera pooped out before we got very far.


Letterfrack



Galway has been quite rainy.  But it usually rains only for part of the day and then clears up.









This is the local beer called Galway Hooker.  Its named after the tradition boat called the Galway Hooker.  The beer is very good.


Cathedral on the walk to school



This building is the trademark of NUI Galway.  It is built to resemble Oxford I think.

This is Arren.  He's gonna stay the semester with me.




4 comments:

  1. Glad you could send a link of your blog to all your cousins aunts uncles and the lot, but not to your lovely older sister. (Maybe I'm being smited for forgetting to call you before you left....sorry by the way). Looks beautiful buddy, hope you're having an amazing time!

    Ciao,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, I am so excited that you are having this experience. I have so many fond memories of my own semester abroad. Getting neck deep in a different culture will impact you in ways you can't yet imagine. Take care and I look forward to reading about your adventures on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dig the pictoral entries, keep 'em up kiddo. you're missed around here; the fog machine usage has bordered on excessive, but i say just enough. perhaps a tribute to you, as i recall, ireland is foggy as shit. send the dingle dolphin my best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're making me backwards homesick.
    enjoy the skies, music, and guinness!

    ReplyDelete